Sacred Magic of the Amazon a Plant Medicine Retreat
May 18-25, 2020
(With optional 3 beach days 5/26-5/28)
During this 7/10 day journey into the beautiful land of Ecuador you will explore nature, challenge yourself and transform parts of you that have been hidden or resting! We will experience Plant Medicine while submerged in the depths of the Amazonian Shuar culture. We will share knowledge about plants and experience the healing potential that our Mother has to offer us. We are joining for a One of a Kind Healing and Nurturing retreat. This retreat is Open to ALL however we will only have space for 7 people to join this intimate and life changing experience. You must be ready to participate in medicine ceremony, and also be cognizant this is not a Vacation it is a Jungle journey! 😉
Jhoselyn from La Vida Divine welcomes you to the land and culture she was born into and grew up in. Sharing her own knowledge of healing, magic and history and culture. Diving deep with her Shaman teachers to partake in Healing Ceremonies all while learning about the beautiful and rich country of Ecuador and supporting the culture and local families. She welcomes you to join her during her continued growth and training with her Shamanic work. She will join you in drinking medicine and in healing as it is customary of her culture. She has safely prepared each step of this experience so you feel safe with our hosts and Shamans.
To see pictures from 2019 Ecuador retreat click here
Once you arrive to Ecuador, you can leave any worries behind and truly focus on your own journey! Everything you need for this trip has been carefully and caringly planned for you! This is my country of birth,where I grew up, and I can not wait to share it with you! This experience has been specially planned for those ready to dive deep into the jungle and into Plant Medicine Healing. It is a Spiritual and Physical Retreat experience like no other out there. We aim to bring our group together for the purpose of healing and communing in a safe and caring space!
Dates: Monday May 18 to Monday May 25, 2019.
Additional 3 day beach stay May 26 to May 28/29 (overnight return)
What is Included:
- Monthly Zoom Meetings to talk about Retreat preparations, meet each other
- Secret Facebook Support Group with info on Plant Medicine and more.
- Accommodations in our Amazon host family home.
- Beach accomodations for the 3 days at local Ayampe Hotel ***double occupancy*** ( for opt 3 day) **Single occupancy available at additional cost***
- Organic/ Clean Super foods, plant based meals daily.
- 3 Sacred Plant Ceremonies
- Sacred Waterfall Ceremony
- Shuar Community experience
- Jungle Plants excursions
- All group ground transportation
- Coaching/ Healing through your experience
- Spiritual Cleansings by Indigenous Shuar Shaman
- Tour to Palo Santo Family Owned Business (beach)
- Tour to National Park of Frailes ( beach)
- Gratitude Ceremony on the Quartz Beach of Ayampe (beach)
- Arrive in Quito Airport by 4pm-6pm
- Scenic Drive to Macas (6 hours)
- Time to rest/ recharge/ connect/ relax in Nature
- Talk about our stay/ experiences/ meet and greet with our hosts
- This will be a late night and a travel day
- Delicious homemade natural breakfast
- Small light lunch to prep for tonight’s ceremony
- Rest and reflect, prior to first Ayahuasca Ceremony
- Meet with Shaman in ceremony “choza”
- Ayahuasca/Natem ceremony begins around 5pm (sunset)
- Spend night in Spiritual Journey in Jungle choza next to river
- Healing/ Assistance if needed throughout the night
- Rise after ceremony night
- Bathing ritual in river water
- Close ceremony and head back home for breakfast/ share time
- Rest and process, staff available to talk if needed
- Jungle excursion to learn about Amazon healing plants with Shuar guide
- Healing lunch and dinner provided
- Nutritious light breakfast
- Trip into town for shopping and touring opportunity
- Juice lunch in preparation for ceremony
- Ayahuasca/ Natem ceremony #2
- Arise to Ceremonial bath
- Breakfast/ share at home at 8am
- Nap/ rest time
- Free Time
- Dinner at home
- Light nutritious breakfast
- San Pedro journey in ceremony “choza” early afternoon into the night
- May Spend the night in choza riverside
- Arise to Ceremonial Bath in river
- Breakfast/ Share time at home
- Sacred Waterfall Excursion
- Healing Tobacco ceremony at waterfall with Shuar Shaman
- Lunch with Shuar community/ share/ shopping opportunity
- Day of rest/ reflection – staff available for assistance if needed
- Lunch/ Dinner provided
- Last night in Macas
- Early rise- Breakfast
- Departure time 9am
- Scenic journey to Quito (6 hrs)
- Lunch on the road
- Those departing from Quito please plan on flights leaving in the evening/ night
- If following to beach. Must purchase air ticket Quito to Manta airport ($50-70)
- Possible tour of Quito “Middle of the World” museum (if time allows)
- Flight to Manta airport
- Drive to Ayampe Quartz Beach (2.5 hr drive)
- Wake up to beautiful beach environment
- Beach/ relax time/ Opportunity to find Quartz
- Pre-sunset guided meditation by Jhoselyn
- Light dinner/ rest
- Tour of Palo Santo center (shopping opportunity)
- Visit to Los Frailes National Park
- Special Lunch and Relaxing time at Las Tortugas Beach
- Drive back to Ayampe, relax and catch sunset
- Delightful Last Dinner Together
- Quiet time to reflect
- Gratitude Ceremony at the beach
- Pack and get ready to Depart for Guayaquil airport (please book your flight for late night/early morning of 29th)
**** Schedule may be adjusted due to weather or incidentals*****
Pricing and Details
Price: $2400 per person for 7 day journey, $2650 for full 10 day journey paid via Paypal. PLEASE USE FRIENDS/ FAMILY OPTION FOR ALL PAYMENTS No fees please. This helps us keep costs down for you! Fees will apply if using other forms of payment or business mode.
Arrival and Departure:
- Once your deposit and first payment are confirmed, please book your airline ticket to Quito (QUI). Arrive no later than 4pm to 6 pm on May 18.
- Departure from Quito no earlier than 6 pm on May 25
- If joining us for full 10 day journey on May 25th purchase the 7pm ticket from Quito to Manta airport and on May 28th/29th book your flight between the hours of 11pm and early morning on the 29th
- Assistance with booking available
* If your flight arrives or departs earlier/later please let me know to arrange your shuttle transport at additional cost*
What is NOT included:
- Your airfare, travel insurance, any medical or incidentals outside of what is included in the trip.
- Any extra personal expenses
- Single Occupancy rooms on the Beach
- Visa – if US citizen no visa needed
- Meals on travel dates
Please make sure your passport is valid. Not expiring within 3 months of travel dates.
- Deposit of $200 here
- You can make payments weekly, biweekly, monthly or quarterly. Once deposit is received you’ll be contacted to discuss options
- All payments must be completed by April 1,2019
Cancellation Policy and Other info
- Your registration applies to the specific Date retreat.
- A portion of the income from the retreat funds an upcoming sustainable development site in Puyo- Ecuador. This will be the site for a healing retreat in the future to help the Shuar community and for us to enjoy. For more info on this email me.
- Deposits are non-refundable. All other payments are partially refundable when canceling with a minimum 6 week notice.
- You may change to a future retreat date with a $100 fee (one time only)
- Medical clearance and pre-retreat interview needed and will be scheduled 6 weeks prior to retreat. Schedule here
- Forms/ Release documents to be signed and returned prior to retreat.
Any other questions, concerns contact me via email
Looking forward to Share this experience with you!
In Love, Light and Healing!